North Carolina Children Sick with E. coli Food Poisoning Connected with Cargill Hamburger Patties Sold at Sam’s Club

Two North Carolina children became ill after eating Cargill ground beef patties purchased at Sam’s Club in Durham. Both children had attended a cookout on September 15 where grilled hamburgers were served.

According to the State Laboratory of Public Health in North Carolina, the children were infected with E. coli O15:H7, which is the strain of the pathogen associated with the Cargill outbreak.

The children experienced symptoms of E. coli food poisoning, including bloody diarrhea, but they did not develop complications. The children have recovered. No other guest at the cookout has reported becoming ill.

Public health officials have urged consumers to check to make sure they do not have the contaminated ground beef in their homes.

“If you have frozen ground beef patties, check to see if they are part of the recall; if they are, then throw them away or return them to the store, “


Please fill out our easy to use form below. We will contact you today. Or, call us 24/7 TOLL FREE at 877-934-6274.
  • MM slash DD slash YYYY
  • By submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and accept the terms of this agreement.

If you have a case-specific question, or a question regarding our legal services, please select
Contact Weinberg Law Firm. You may also call us 24/7 at our toll free number, 1(877) 934-6274.